If you have any questions about this policy, please email email@example.com, telephone: 01204 868550 or write to: Percy Doughty, Stone Hill Road, Farnworth, Bolton, BL4 9TN
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Contact information including email address
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
- Website usage data
- Information relevant to visitor enquiries
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- To customise the website for you
- Internal record keeping
- We may use the information to improve our products and services we provide
- In line with regulations, we may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure and managed in accordance with current regulations. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Cookies – How we use
A cookie is a small file placed on your computer’s hard drive. It enables our website to identify your computer as you view different pages on our website. Cookies allow websites and applications to store your preferences in order to present content, options or functions that are specific to you. They also enable us to see information like how many people use the website and what pages they tend to visit. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes.
- Analyse our web traffic using an analytics package. Aggregated usage data helps us improve the website structure, design, content and functions.
- Identify whether you are signed in to our website. A cookie allows us to check whether you are signed in to the site.
- Store information about your preferences. The website can then present you with information you will find more relevant and interesting.
- To recognise when you return to our website. We may show your relevant content, or provide functionality you used previously.
- Test content on our website.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
To learn more about cookies and how they are used, visit All About Cookies.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to us at the address below or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen. Percy Doughty may use hosting services provided by 3rd parties.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the current regulations. A small fee may be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Imperial Point, Express Trading Estate Stone Hill Road, Farnworth BL4 9TN, United Kingdom.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.